Wednesday, March 9, 2011

She's almost here!

Sunday, November 7, Aubrey's due date was eventful.  That morning we got to go to church.  Brandon was playing bass in the worship band so we had to be there a little early that morning.  As we sat there, I couldn't feel baby move for two hours.  I went into a back room where I laid on my side, ate some mentos, and even had grape juice that was used for communion that day to get some sugar in my system and get some blood flowing.  To no avail.  As soon as Brandon was done playing, we rushed ourselves to the hospital.  Brandon even grabbed me a donut on the way out :)

As we got to the hospital, there was an alarm that was going off and people standing outside.  Of course I got more worried as each minute went by that I couldn't feel movement.  Finally, Brandon called in and it was just a false alarm that had gone off.  So as soon as we were signed in, they hooked me up to a monitoring system to see both mine and baby's heartbeat.  To my surprise she was absolutely fine and her heartbeat was strong.  My blood pressure, on the other hand, was not so great (even though I had no problems with it througout the pregnancy).  Every time I moved or got up the pressure shot up.  After three hours of being monitored, they admitted me for more monitoring during the night.  With that came an all liquid diet :(  We were supposed to go to Claim Jumpers that day too.  What a bummer.

Come Monday morning, November 8, doctor said that induction was the best option with all the blood pressure issues.  We were going to be parents today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment