Thursday, August 15, 2013

A First For Me

Today marks the first day of school for the district that I have taught in for the past 6 years.  Today, for the first time in 6 years, I'm not stressing about if I have enough supplies for all 34 students, how my classroom looks, what school I will end up at, or if my students will feel welcome and like me.  I'm at home today with my two precious girls and will be for this school year.

I must say it has been really nice not stressing about work.  I didn't have to think about certain things that every teacher plans out during the summer and this summer I could really relax and enjoy the wonderful blessings in my life.

So now that the first day of school is here, and I'm not in the classroom, it is a little weird and bittersweet.  More sweet than bitter though.  I will definitely miss certain aspects of my career (and others I definitely don't), but overall I loved my job and I love being a teacher.  At least for this upcoming year I get to be a teacher to two great girls.  No smart board, no text books, no tests to give.  Teaching isn't easy, but being a mom isn't either.  Sure there will be challenges and some moments that I know I will want to pull my hair out.  I know there will be days where I know that teaching would be easier at that moment in time.  I know I will tire of hearing yet another tantrum, but I know that all the negatives will be outweighed with so many positives.  I am so blessed and so fortunate to have a husband who has a great job and I have the opportunity to be home with our girls.  I know that being a stay-at-home mom is not an option everyone has.  I also know these years when the girls are so small will pass by so quickly and I am so incredibly grateful to be able to be there every day to watch them grow and change.  So, for at least a year I will try and make every day count and try to be the best mom I can be to these girls. 

For now...we play :)








And Aubrey even had a little visitor this morning :). Our neighbor's cat Cracker. 









1 comment: