Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A New Chapter {Preschool}

Preschool.
 
My little girl can't be going to preschool already?! Didn't I just bring her home from the hospital?
 
Well, she started today and we think it's going to be a great.  I have been so fortunate and have enjoyed being home with Aubrey.  I wouldn't trade even the bad days.  She has grown to be such a wonderful girl and I love her more than words can express.  I could go on and on :). Now Aubrey just needs some time to be more comfortable in her own skin and with others.  I know she'll come home and tell me in full detail what happened during the morning and we can't wait to see her excitement and her growth.
 
We told her she gets to go to school when she's five, so when we told her she was going to start preschool she responded with, "But I'm not five yet."  After some explanation and some hyped up excitement she got a smile on her face.
 
She got pretty excited when we made some counting chains to count down the days till the first day. We made some for a couple of friends so they could countdown the days as well.  Her buddy Zachary is going to be in the same class and I think it made her more comfortable knowing she was going to have someone she knew there :).
 

 
Aubrey got even more excited when she received some fun books in the mail from her friend to prepare her for the first day!!  You couldn't wipe the smile off of her face and she asks to read those books every day :).  What a perfect way to calm those nerves.


 
Today went great :).  Almost a little anti-climactic as we dropped her off and met her teacher.  Aubrey was shy and apprehensive, but with a little time with mommy to show her around she gave me a big hug and was on her way :).  It was also great that Brandon had the day off today so he could be there with us too!
 
 
 
 
 
 
After preschool we went to a park and had a picnic lunch with our big girl :).
 
 
 
 
 
 
So many emotions have gone through my heart and mind on this decision.  I could go on for a while (and I know some people have already heard their fair share of my struggle), but I won't. I know I will miss her and want her around, but I know she needs this change.  It's only two mornings and I can do that :).  Here we go! On to some fun adventures ahead!
 
We are so proud of you Aubrey and we can't wait to see you grow, learn, and tell us all about your days at preschool!!  We love you!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment