Wednesday, October 7, 2015

"I Got the Spider! " {from the mouths of babes}

Lucy doesn't see fear in a lot of different situations and objects.  The girl is fearless sometimes!  Unlike her sister, Lucy isn't afraid of dogs, bugs or any other animal!
 
So, the other day I was washing dishes and Lucy asks me for a towel.  I thought she had to dry her hands or something with it, so I told her to get the kitchen towel that was hanging on the oven.  She took the towel and I went about my business with the dishes.
 
She comes back into the kitchen with the towel in hand and starts to hang it back up.  I ask her what she needed the kitchen towel for and she exclaims, "I got the spider!"
I abruptly turned around and asked, "What?"
"I got the spider mommy!  See?!"
 
The girl had killed a spider and picked it up with the kitchen towel and there was its remains.  The entire situation was pretty funny to me and so random for the crazy day of tantrums it had been with her.  Lucy took it upon herself to "take care" of the spider all on her own without batting an eye.  Way to rid our house of spiders Lucy! 

And because we didn't take any pictures of the spider, I'll leave you with a few pictures of this little girl's expressions and silliness :).  Even when I was taking these pictures Lucy was swatting bees off the flowers and out of the air saying, "Shoo!"





 

Oh man, do we love your fearlessness and independence!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment