Tuesday, November 7, 2017

October Tidbits

This month was the first month Brandon was out in Oklahoma. I have been doing the single working mom thing and taking care of our sweet girls. It all just made me realize once again just how fast time goes! This month I worked a lot less of which I was SO thankful for! I worked a lot up to this point and my teaching partner and I worked it out in a way that I would work less when Brandon was gone. Seriously, she is the best and supports me in so many ways!!
 
On some of those days off I got to just be mom :). I got to go on both of the girls' field trips to Bishops Pumpkin Farm. They were fun filled days with cider drinking, train riding, hay riding, pumpkin picking fun! I'm so thankful I got the opportunity to share those days with them. You can see more from those field trips here.
 





 
I got to see my best friend from childhood and her husband one morning. They had one day in Sacramento and they chose to include me in it!! It's always so wonderful to see them and catch up. It's always like they never left and conversation is always so easy and fun.



 
I got to see my newest niece!! I flew out on my own for two nights to Utah. It was a super quick trip (made even shorter by a two hour delay on my layover flight), but I made it and finally got to meet Miss Kate. Friends threw her a little shower and I was so blessed to be a part of it.
 



 
During that weekend we also celebrated Krystal's birthday a little. I got to bake some cupcakes with my nieces (and I never get to spend one on one time with them like that!).  It was one of my favorite moments from the trip!
 




 
The girls didn't miss daddy or mommy the weekend I was gone! They got to take a trip in the motorhome and camp out for a couple nights in Jackson.
We're pretty fortunate to live in a great neighborhood with a great school that we get to walk to almost every single day. October 4 was national walk to school day and we walked with some school friends and principal that morning!
 
 
We had Aubrey's school fall festival one Friday this month and it was a huge success!
 
 





 
The night of the fall festival we got a surprise visit from daddy!!  We went to go pick him up late Friday night and had to drop him back off at the airport Sunday morning, but we got a whole 37 hours with him that weekend!!
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment