Sunday, May 15, 2011

First Mother's Day


On this Mother's Day I woke up to a wonderful husband preparing decaf coffee for me and turnovers for breakfast.  On the counter was a beautiful painted mug with little footprints on it.  Brandon had taken Aubrey for an afternoon a while back and they painted this just for me.  I got to enjoy my coffee in this very special mug :).


I thought it was the cutest thing ever and it means so much to me. 

Every Mother's Day when we were little my sister and I would make a corsage for my mom to wear. My wonderful sister was so thoughtful that she made me my very own corsage to wear on this day. She handmade it and it was absolutely beautiful. I can't believe I was the one wearing one this year!


We got ready and went to church and afterwards went to Cheesecake Factory for lunch.  The afternoon was spent resting and relaxing while getting to visit with my mom and family.  Aubrey, Brandon and I made some cards for the new grandmas and they loved them. The whole day I felt very much appreciated :).


So I thought this day would never arrive at times...being able to celebrate my first Mother's Day. I have looked forward to being a mom for some time and now it's my turn and I can't believe it. Aubrey has brought me so much joy and I love her so much that sometimes it hurts. I think about the moment she was born and it still brings tears to my eyes (as I'm sure it will for a long time :) ). That precious moment when they laid her on me and I got to see her beautiful face for the first time. At that moment, and people told me about it, my whole perspective on life had changed. I was now a mom. I didn't know at that moment how my life would change, but I knew it would. All the days of being sleep deprived, having spit up on me consistently, and endless dirty diapers cannot take away what I feel for this little one every time she smiles, wraps her arms around my neck, and grows and changes. It is the best feeling to be a mom and I am so blessed that God has allowed that in my life.  I know now what our mothers had to go through to raise us and I have a new found respect and awe of them more than ever.  Thank you for doing all that you have done!  Happy Mother's Day!


2 comments:

  1. Happy belated 1st Mother's Day - I'm so glad you had such a nice day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO great! Happy Mother's Day Evie, so glad it was so special. Nice job Brandon on the mug, I will have to point that one out to Craigo...as a not so subtle hint.

    ReplyDelete