Saturday, June 18, 2011

All Packed Up

So this week was a little emotional to say the least.  It is maybe the FINAL time I will have to pack up my classroom at the end of the school year.  It took three days, but the walls have no bulletin boards or student work up, the cupboards are bare, and my desk is empty and the student's toys that I took away are gone.  Our once clean garage has been once again piled up with boxes and books yet to be organized.  I have done this many times as each year I have been laid off over and over again, but this year is a little different.  This time I got an official lay off notice and don't know if I would even have the opportunity to return.  It's very bittersweet knowing that my career as a teacher might be over for now, but I know that there might be other plans for me right now...teaching one very special little girl.   Although the numbers have changed (34 pairs of eyes watching and listening to you), I know that I have a very important role in one beautiful little girl's life and that is a blessing that I can be ever so grateful for.  The reward for me now will not be monetary (but who are we kidding...a teacher's paycheck is never enough), but I know the rewards will far exceed my expectations now.  My official job title may not be "teacher" anytime soon, but I will be a teacher in more ways than I know :).

No comments:

Post a Comment