Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Last day...take two

So today was my last day of work once again before this new addition to our family is born. I wasn't exactly expecting to be out on leave so early but it is definitely needed. My legs are not looking so great nor are they feeling ok at all, so it's time.

This last work assignment has been a really big blessing and I didn't really notice how supported I really was until this week. When I went to go talk to my principal about the leave and what my doctor intended for me she simply said,"Why are you still here?" All the anxiety that I had going in to the meeting quickly faded as I realized my own principal had a bigger picture in mind. The staff in turn was so encouraging and they were all for me taking the time off to take care of myself and this baby.

So as I leave my little corner of the world at work I am realizing I am richly blessed to be with my family even more before this little lady arrives. It's been difficult at times but I'm excited for this new chapter and journey in our lives to start :).



1 comment:

  1. You are definitely doing the right thing. I'm glad you are getting to rest and take care of yourself. Let's try to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete