Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Mother's day this year was very special. This most likely will be my last "first" mother's day with a new baby so it did feel a little extra special this year.
 

 
This day marked the first one with our little Lucy girl. 
 


From the beginning I always said that she was our miracle baby.  She is one strong fighter and I just love her to pieces.  She's made our family complete and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect little girl for us.  I was so blessed to carry her and now I am so blessed to be her mom.  I still can't believe she's here sometimes!
 
Mother's day started with Brandon helping out with Aubrey while Lucy and I slept for a little bit longer.  He made coffee cake for breakfast and then it was time for some gifts.  Aubrey and Brandon colored a card and on the back Brandon wrote down some things that Aubrey liked about me: "You're great, "You make me feel good," and "I love coloring with you."  I thought this was pretty cute.  She of course said, "I don't know" when Brandon asked her those prompting questions, but I loved her answers in the end.  Then I got a present from Brandon.  It was a beautiful mother's ring!  He got me a stackable ring when Aubrey was born and this was another beautiful ring that now stood for Lucy.  I looked at it and just started to cry.  It was so pretty and full of so much meaning and sentiment for me.  I just love it!  Brandon later said that day that he had peaked in his present giving :).  I'm sure I won't be getting anything like this for a very long time, but it was nice to be spoiled by my best friend.
 
The day continued with a lunch out and homemade chocolate mousse (yes, Brandon made the mousse) in the evening with my mom and dad.  The day seemed to just fly by, but I felt so loved and so special and I owe a lot of that to Brandon.  He has stood by my side through each pregnancy and he has been such a great dad to Aubrey and I know he will be to Lucy.  He is an awesome guy and I can't believe he's mine sometimes!  He loves me and these girls so much and it shows by the sacrifices he makes for our family.  He definitely made me feel like a very special mom on this day :).
 
 
So, here are the Pierce girls.  I cannot believe God has blessed us with two beautiful, intelligent, healthy little girls.  I am seriously so lucky to be their mom and I hope and pray and I can lead these girls to be the woman they were created to be.  Being a mom of two now has proved to be challenging at times (especially with the little sleep I've been getting :) ), yet I wouldn't trade any of those hard moments for the world.  It is by far the hardest job, but so rewarding and fulfilling.  I pray for wisdom and strength to be the best mom I can be to these wonderful girls.  Thank you for a wonderful mother's day!!  I love you girls so much! Te quiero mucho!! :)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment