Sunday, May 26, 2013

He's 30!

This year held a milestone birthday for Brandon.  He's 30!!  He finally caught up to me. Now he can't hold it over my head that he is still in his 20s while I am in my 30s (and an "old lady" at that) :). 
 
A lot has happened in this decade for him: moved to southern California, graduated college, moved back from southern California, got married, trained in Oklahoma, started his career, bought a new car, bought a house, and became a father to two wonderful girls.  Phew!  A lot has happened these past ten years!  This is the decade where he experienced more big changes in his life than ever before.  Now going into his 30s, we had some celebrating to do!
 
Saturday the 25th we spent the day as a family of four.  I cooked buscuits and gravy for breakfast (one of his faves that he almost never gets) and for dinner I cooked him his favorite pasta dish.  We had a great day relaxing, watching a movie, and spending time together.  
 
Sunday we had our families come over.  Mary once again made a delicious birthday cake; Brandon's favorite peanut butter-chocolate.  So glad we have some left overs!  She decorated it with two intersecting runways.  And for all you pilots or aviation experts no the runways are not numbered correctly, but they're numbered for Brandon's birth year, age, and birthday.  The numbering threw Brandon off a little.
 

 
We did a nacho bar for dinner and that was a big hit.  Thank goodness it was all super easy for me :).
 
We all went in on a present for him, but we made him work a little for it this year.  Aubrey and I colored a picture.  Then I cut out the picture in different puzzle piece shapes and he had to put it together to see what it was. 


 
Before he finished it he knew what the present was.  He got pretty excited about it :). 

 
He had mentioned a while back that he would love to go on a hot air balloon ride sometime in his life.  I kept that little idea in the back of my mind for a few years now.  I figured this was a great time to do something like this.  So now we just have to make arrangements for the girls to be watched (I wonder who could do that for us? :) ) and set a date to go.  Brandon can't wait.  I'm a little nervous but excited about it too.
 
So we sang (Aubrey's voice seemed especially sweet this night as she sang), ate some cake, and had the evening together.




We got some pictures of our little family.  I couldn't love these three more...crazy faces and all!
 







 
The grandmas also got their Lucy fix for the evening.



 
We had a great night celebrating an awesome 30 year old. Happy birthday Brandon! Welcome to the club :). Can't wait to see what the next 30 years hold!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment