Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Brandon's 33rd Birthday

 
 We've had quite the week here in the Pierce home!  It's been a bit of a rough season for us, but we were so glad to get to celebrate Brandon's birthday in the midst of the craziness going on! 
 
No celebration of ours goes without cake!  Brandon loves Nutella, so I made him a chocolate Nutella cake and didn't skimp on any of the chocolaty goodness :).
 



 
Before Brandon's birthday the girls and I went shopping for some gifts.  I asked them what they wanted to get for daddy and since they love smelling candles at different stores with him they wanted to get him a good smelling candle (which I thought was appropriate :) ).  So, while Aubrey was in school one morning, Lucy and I picked out a candle at Bath and Body Works.  That evening Brandon happened to be home for dinner and she stated while at the table, "Daddy, we got you a candle!" Brandon tried to play it off and said, "Oh you got me a candle for my cake?!" For some reason I didn't catch his drift and I told Lucy we didn't get him a candle for his birthday.  She looked at me and said, "Yes we did Mommy, at Bath and Body Works! (and with her hands and arms raised) Surprise!" Well, our secret was out :).
 
The day was spent having some of Brandon's favorite bran muffins, relaxing, playing with the girls, and enjoying the sunshine.

The evening of his birthday we celebrated by having the family over for cake.  It was small, but good.  Brandon's grandmother who just had knee surgery even got to come for a little bit!







 
We had a couple of other little celebrations throughout the week as well to celebrate this very special guy in our lives.  We love you so much Brandon!  Happy birthday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment