Tuesday, August 23, 2016

First Day of Kindergarten!!

A lot of anticipation has led up to this day. Aubrey definitely had the excited type of anticipation. Mommy and daddy had a little bit more of the nervous, 'is she going to be ok?' type of anticipation.   


As this day finally arrived, you could see the excitement bubbling from every inch of this little girl. She was all smiles, was ready with her backpack and lunch she packed herself, and she woke up on time and wasted no time getting herself dressed and ready. Kindergarten has been calling her name and she's been counting down the days (although it seems like this first day has come far too quickly for mom's liking). 







Before Aubrey headed out for the day, I gave her a necklace that she wore to remind her that I was thinking and praying for her. I wore a necklace as well to remind me of her throughout the day. 




This day has also been a big day for our family as a whole. I'm going back to work part time and today just happened to be the first day of teaching for me as well. There's been a lot of emotions, tears, and questioning involved in this decision for us as a family. It's been a little heart wrenching for a lot of different reasons, but we're stepping out in faith and feeling a peace that this decision was the right one to make despite how hard the decision has been, despite the outcome. This is a new chapter and journey for us and I couldn't think of doing any of this without Brandon's support and help. He's been my rock and I couldn't be more thankful for everything he has done for me and our little family. He's going to be spending some one on one time with Lucy on some days and nana and papa are going to be with Lucy on the other days. It's really a good setup with family taking care of our little Lucy. 


Before I headed out for my day I got to be there to send Aubrey off. I wouldn't have wanted to miss this for the world and I'm so thankful I got the opportunity to be there for that! 



I may have shed a little tear as our little girl was lining up :). Wow. Where has the time gone?! 


Aubrey, you are growing up so very fast and as much as we want to stop time, we are excited for the changes and growth ahead and we are going to be your cheerleaders along the way! Happy first day of kindergarten Aubrey! Let's see what this next year ahead brings!  

No comments:

Post a Comment