Friday, July 29, 2016

We needed to get away...

 ...so Tahoe it was!  Brandon has been working so much overtime the past few months and on his one day off we decided to get away and actually get some quality time to talk about some pretty big work decisions for me.
 
On the way up to the cabin we stopped in Squaw Valley.  Even though the cabin isn't too far away, we haven't been to Squaw Valley in years!  We wondered around (while drinking our free 7-11 slurpees) and enjoyed the beautiful views.
 

 
We did the Emerald Bay hike in the morning.  Despite Lucy complaining pretty much the entire way, we enjoyed the little trek.  We had a wonderful breakfast at Fire Sign Café afterwards that made up for all the crying :).  Lucy actually ate ALL of her pancakes that morning! 
 
 
In the evening we went out for a walk to Sugar Pine Point.  It was a lovely, brisk night and the perfect opportunity to talk things out on this job opportunity for me.
 


 
 In the end, the very short getaway is what we needed to talk through this big decision for me.  In the end, we decided to talk the part-time job position.  I'll be sharing a contract and classroom with another teacher teaching 3rd grade!  We're nervous and excited and every emotion in between.  I've gone through countless scenarios in my head when deciding and it was just torturing me to make this decision.  I love my time with our girls and family, love taking care of things and seeing these littles grow so very fast.  I have been so fortunate to get to stay home with them for this long, and now its just decision time.  We really feel like this is a door that I need to walk through right now.  So many things have been paved for me already that made this decision easier.  Lots of changes in store for us in the next few weeks!  Mommy is going back to work and Aubrey is started Kindergarten! *tear.
 
There's going to be some serious emotions going on over here!  It's funny, change is always happening in our lives but I never seem to do very well with it.  Here's to a new chapter in our lives :).
 


No comments:

Post a Comment