Saturday, February 16, 2013

Showered With Blessings

We really are surrounded by wonderful family and friends. 
 
When she found out I was expecting our second baby, my friend Anne Imboden sent me a card to congratulate me and to tell me she would be there to support me through this time.  She seriously lived up to what that card said :).
 
She approached me weeks ago asking if she could throw me a baby shower.  I was a little surprised but felt so honored and blessed that she would be willing to do that for me, this baby, and our family.  On February 16, 2013 at 10:00am she threw me a gorgeous and wonderful brunch baby shower.  Invited were some friends that I get the privilege of serving beside in MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) at our church and a couple of close girlfriends from our church.  My mom and mother-in-law were there to support me too :). 
 
Anne really spared no detail when it came to decorations and making her already very cozy home feel and look so girly and beautiful.  She always kids me that I am way more crafty and creative than she is, but this girl can throw one awesome party!   She said in a text that she even burned her finger on something she was making for the shower with a hot glue gun...and she did that for me and this little girl on the way :).


 

 
My sister couldn't be in town for this shower :( but she made me an adorable banner that hung in the window to cheer the room up even more.  It's definitely going in the nursery soon!
 

Anne made a wonderful spread of delicious food that tasted as good as it looked.  She even had some fancy drinks to go along with all that goodness.
 
 

 
Along with the food we had a game where Anne printed up different pictures of Aubrey and poseted them on paper.  On the top it said "What is Aubrey Thinking?" and each lady had to come up with a quote and write that on the back of the paper on what Aubrey might say.  At the end of our time together I got to read each one and pick two of my favorite quotes.  Not an easy task but so fun :).
 
 
Each lady also filled out a little card with what their wishes for this baby would be.
 
 
This little girl and I were showered with presents.  We got some super cute clothes and some much needed necessities like diapers and rash cream.  I think we will be stocked up on diapers for some time!
 
 

 
Some of the ladies were so sweet that they even thought of getting something for Aubrey to ease this transition.  How thoughtful!  She got some books, dolls, and some other goodies that we'll take to the hospital with us and give them to her when she comes to meet her baby sister :).
 


 
I couldn't have asked to be more supported by some wonderful ladies in my life at this shower.
 
 




 
 


 
Thank you Anne for blessing me so much!!  I was honored in so many ways.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :)
 



1 comment:

  1. What a fun party! So glad to see you spoiled and loved so much. I can't wait to meet this sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete