Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

We got to celebrate our Valentine's Day a day early. 
 
I got some flowers from my wonderful hubby in the morning and for some reason we have kind of started this tradition of getting doughnuts for breakfast on special days.  He didn't disappoint in keeping up the tradition.  I got him a Ron Swanson (character from Parks and Recreation) mug that he could take to work for his morning coffee.  I have my friend Melissa C. to thank for this :).
 
 
Aubrey and I painted some paper and traced her hands on it.  I cut those hand prints out, cut a piece of string that was the length from one of her hands to the other, and then wrote "I love you this much Daddy" on one of the hands.  You can find this idea here.  Thank you Pinterest for this idea :).
 
For our last MOPS craft we did some scratch-off valentines which were very simple to make.  I personalized two for Aubrey and two for the hubby and they each scratched them off to find something special they would get or something special we could do together.  My awesome sister ended up creating the design for the valentine.  I found the simple idea for the scratch-off part here.

 
I was probably on my feet a little more than I should have been, but it was worth the effort to make a carbonara pasta dish and strawberry and vanilla ice cream sandwich cookies for dessert :).  We had a great dinner and had a great evening spending some time together. 
 

 

 


Today I got to take Aubrey out for a little picnic lunch.  We got a smoothie and enjoyed playing at a nearby park.  It was so good to spend some time with this little girl.  I don't know how many opportunities I will have to really get to spend this quality time with her before baby sister comes, but I felt so blessed to enjoy some mother-daughter time today :).
 
 
 
Love you both so much!  Happy Valentine's Day!


 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment